Candidate must have education and/or training/experience in analytical chemistry. At a minimum, candidate should have a BS in chemistry or a related field. This training/experience must include knowledge of general laboratory procedures (i.e., organic extractions, chemical hygiene, laboratory safety, waste handling, chain of custody procedures, etc.). Experience in laboratory QA/QC and/or experience with the following analytical instrumentation would be beneficial:
- Gas Chromatography – Mass Selective Detector
- Gas Chromatography – Flame Ionization Detector
- Total/Dissolved organic carbon analyzer
- Ion chromatography
- Gas Chromatography Ion Trap Mass spectrometer (GC-ITMS)
- Liquid Chromatography Tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)
The selected candidate must be able to work well without supervision and should be able to work well with all laboratory employees in a professional and friendly way. He/she should be self-motivated, organized, and quick to learn. The candidate must be willing and able to submit to the necessary background check for security clearance. Furthermore, the candidate must be able to work well with others. Please submit via email to Lisa Larson.